Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening.
After that, (and for balance transfers that do not post within 45 days of account opening) your APR will be 14.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)". If you are a resident of Iowa at the time the account is opened, we use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Upromise Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Fees that Vary by State:
Late Payment Fee: Up to $40 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Returned Payment: Up to $40 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law.
Your Telephone Numbers: By providing your telephone number, at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize Barclays Bank Delaware and its affiliates, agents and independent contractors, to contact you regarding your account at such number using any means of communication, including, but not limited to calls placed to your cell, mobile or other phone using an automated dialing service, pre-recorded messages or text messages. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 11.74%, 16.74% or 21.74% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 21.99% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 08/31/2021 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases (excluding Easy Pay): You can avoid paying interest on purchases if you pay your purchase balance subject to interest (excluding Easy Pay Offers) plus any monthly Easy Pay Payment Amount in full by the Payment Due Date every month. If you do not pay your purchase balance subject to interest (excluding Easy Pay Offers) plus any monthly Easy Pay Payment Amount by the due date each month, you will pay interest from the date purchases are posted to your account until the date you pay those Purchases in full. To avoid a late fee, you should pay at least the minimum payment due on your account each month.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Mastercard, World Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International, Incorporated and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if your request for express delivery is made before 3:00pm ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00pm ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 08/31/2021 and may change after this date.
Information That We Collect & Share About You:
UPROMISE MASTERCARD® ACCOUNT REWARD RULES
This document contains the official reward rules for the Upromise Mastercard account ("Card Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Card Account Reward Rules"). Use of your Card Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Card Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Card Account Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Barclays is solely responsible for establishing these Card Account Reward Rules and for communicating with Upromise, LLC (“Upromise”) as described below to administer the Card Account Reward Rules. Certain Card Account benefits are fulfilled under the Upromise rewards program (the “Upromise Program”), which is an Upromise loyalty program offered by Upromise and is not a product or program of Barclays.
Card Account Reward Rules Administration
The Card Account Reward Rules are administered by Barclays located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules at any time with or without notice. You can review current Card Account Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Card Account at BarclaysUS.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Upromise Program through use of the Card Account:
- You must maintain an open Card Account that is in good standing, meaning that your Card Account is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”).
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Card Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
- If your Upromise Program account is closed, for any reason, your Card Account may be closed. Upon closure of your Upromise Program account, you will forfeit all Card Account benefits fulfilled under the Upromise Program and any cash back rewards earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Upromise.
- Upon closure of your Card Account all benefits associated with the Card Account will be forfeited.
Upromise Program Membership
A Upromise Program account is required to earn and receive cash back rewards. In addition, your Card Account (including all additional cards issued to authorized users) must be registered to your Upromise Program account. Cardmembers who are not already Upromise members are enrolled in the Upromise Program and accept the terms of the Upromise Member Agreement as part of their application. To verify that your Card Account is registered with Upromise, visit Upromise.com.
- If your existing Upromise Program account number was included in the application, you are already enrolled in the Upromise Program. Cash back rewards earned through the Card Account will be credited to your Upromise Program account.
- If the Upromise Program account number that you provided is found to be invalid, or you did not provide us with a Upromise Program account number, you consent to and will be enrolled in the Upromise Program and a new Upromise Program account number will be assigned to you.
- Only one Upromise Program account number will be applied per Card Account.
Important Information about Cash Back Rewards
- As long as the Upromise Program continues and the Card Account is open and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total cash back rewards you can earn using your Card Account.
- You may not earn cash back rewards during any period in which your Card Account is past due.
- All cash back rewards earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user(s), through use of the Card Account, will be transferred to the primary cardmember’s Upromise Program account after the close of each Card Account billing statement. Your Upromise Program account is subject to the Upromise Member Agreement located at Upromise.com, which includes expiration and forfeiture policies.
- If you do not receive credit for earned cash back rewards through use of your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your credit card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in any cash back rewards or other rewards. Rewards earned and not yet transferred to Upromise, have no cash value or value of any kind. After rewards are transferred, please refer to the Upromise Member Agreement at Upromise.com for further details.
- Participation in the Upromise Program through use of your Card Account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and you are responsible for any associated tax liability.
- The sale or barter of any cash back rewards offered through the Program earned through use of the Card Account, other than by us or Upromise, is expressly prohibited.
- You can view a summary of your cash back rewards earned through the use of your Card Account on your monthly Card Account billing statement or by logging into BarclaysUS.com. Your total Upromise Program account rewards balance is available online at Upromise.com.
- Barclays is not responsible for adding the cash back rewards to your Upromise Program account, for arranging or providing for any goods or services related to the use of cash back rewards, for any delay, failure, or refusal by Upromise to add or redeem cash back rewards, or for any decision by Upromise to revoke or cancel cash back rewards or your membership in the Upromise Program. Once we transfer cash back rewards earned through use of the Card Account after the close of each Card Account billing cycle, Upromise is responsible for adding the cash back rewards to your Upromise Program account.
Earning Cash Back Rewards
You earn cash back rewards for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user(s) of the Card Account as follows:
- You earn 1.529% cash back rewards on Net Purchases when your Upromise Program account is linked to an eligible College Savings Plan, prior to the end of your Card Account billing cycle. “College Savings Plans” that qualify for 1.529% earn are those plans identified by Upromise as eligible College Savings Plans, such as qualifying 529 plans, and are subject to change from time to time. A comprehensive current list of eligible College Savings Plans can be found at (need static link).
- You earn 1.25% cash back rewards on Net Purchases when your Upromise Program account is not linked to an eligible College Savings Plan.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Card Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized, fraudulent or illegal purchases are not considered Net Purchases and do not earn cash back.
Bonus Cash Back Rewards
You will earn a $200 bonus cash back rewards after spending $500 on Net Purchases within the first 90 days of your Card Account open date. The bonus will be shown separately on your billing statement and will be automatically transferred to your Upromise Program account along with all other cash back rewards after the close of the billing cycle in which it was earned. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.
From time to time, we may offer cash back rewards bonuses or other incentives to new Upromise Mastercard cardmembers in connection with an application for a new Card Account. These bonuses and/or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been Upromise Mastercard cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Upromise Mastercard card account after this Card Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Upromise Mastercard cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your cash back rewards by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Card Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
Redeeming Cash Back Rewards
Upromise manages the Upromise Program including redemption. You can obtain information regarding the redemption options available online at Upromise.com.
Cash Back Rewards Forfeiture
If your Card Account is closed for any of the following reasons, your cash back rewards earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Upromise will be forfeited and/or we may request that Upromise make corresponding adjustments to or invalidate cash back rewards earned through use of your Card Account and transferred to your Upromise Mastercard Card Account if/based upon:
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engages in any unauthorized, fraudulent or illegal activity through the use of your Card Account.
- You, or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engage in any activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account have negative public record information identified.
- Your history of Card Account usage.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account violate any of the Card Account Reward Rules.
- Your Card Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
- Your Upromise Program account is closed.
Additional Benefits of your Card Account
Upromise Round Up
- Participation in Upromise Round Up is optional. In order to participate in Upromise Round Up you must set your maximum billing cycle limit to any dollar amount from $1 to $500. If you do not wish to participate in Upromise Round Up, you should leave your maximum billing cycle limit set to the default amount, which is $0. The current maximum billing cycle limit as of 11:59pm ET on the end of the day before your Card Account billing cycle ends will be used as the maximum billing cycle limit for the next Card Account billing cycle. You can view and update your maximum billing cycle limit amount by visiting BarclaysUS.com
- Upromise Round Up rounds up purchases made by you and/or any authorized user of the Card Account as follows: when a purchase is not a whole dollar up to your maximum billing cycle limit. For example, if you make a purchase in the amount of $3.10, your round up amount will be $0.90.
- The total number of cents from purchases that are rounded up to the next whole dollar amount will be posted as a purchase to your Card Account and converted to cash back rewards (“Round Up Amount”) on the end of the day before your Card Account billing cycle ends, subject to your Upromise Program account remaining in Good Standing and not otherwise suspended or terminated, For example, if your Round Up Amount is $50, we will post $50 as a purchase to your Card Account and convert the $50 to cash back rewards. Any purchases not posted to your Card Account by the end of the day before your billing cycle ends will not be considered in the Round Up Amount until the next Card Account billing cycle.
- Round Up Amounts are considered purchases and earn 1.529% cash back rewards if your Upromise Program account is linked to an eligible College Savings Plan prior to the end of your Card Account billing cycle or 1.25% cash back rewards if your Upromise program account is not linked to an eligible College Savings Plan, as described in the Earning Cash Back Rewards section above. Unlike other purchases on your Card Account, if you carry a balance, the Round Up Amount portion of your balance will not be subject to interest charges.
- Regardless of the occurrence of fraud, returns or the resolution of disputed purchases, we will calculate the Round Up Amount based on all purchases that posted to your Card Account.
- If at the time of calculating the Round Up Amount, there is inadequate credit line to include the total Round Up Amount, we will include the Round Up Amount available up to your credit line. In the event there is no credit line available, we will not include any Round Up Amount for that Card Account billing cycle. Please note, even though any Round Up Amount that is posted to your Card Account will not cause you to go over your credit line, any interest and fees that bill to your Card Account after the close of your Card Account billing cycle could cause your total balance to exceed your credit line.
- Your Round Up Amount will be shown separately as a purchase and as cash back rewards on your Card Account billing statement. An itemized list of Round Up Amounts will be available for viewing online at BarclaysUS.com by visiting the Upromise Round Up summary page.
Responsibility of the Parties/Information Sharing
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Upromise Program through use of the Card Account and accepting and using cash back rewards and other benefits earned through use of the Card Account, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Upromise Program through the use of the Card Account) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclays, Upromise, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, property damage, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Upromise Program through use of the Card Account or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Upromise Program through use of the Card Account. Barclays has no liability in case of disagreement over a cardmember’s right to retain or redeem cash back rewards once transferred to Upromise.
Important General Disclosures
Barclays reserves the right to correct inaccurate cash back rewards represented on statements, our website and/or our mobile app, at our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules or any aspects or features of the Card Account Reward Rules at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Card Account Reward Rules shall be in our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. Barclays is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. Cash back rewards earned through use of the Card Account cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us or Upromise.
If you have any questions about your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your credit card.
©2021 Barclays Bank Delaware, Member FDIC.