Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
15.74%, 21.74% or 26.49%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
15.74%, 21.74%, or 26.49% based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $39 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
Up to $39 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)". If you are a resident of Iowa at the time the account is opened, we use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Uber Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Fees that Vary by State:
Late Payment Fee: Up to $39 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Returned Payment: Up to $39 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law. You agree that if you are not approved for a Signature account you may be approved for a Platinum account.
++Your Telephone Numbers: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize us and our affiliates and agents, to contact you at that number about your account or other products or services, and to use an automated dialing service, pre-recorded message or text message. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you, or you may receive a Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from Signature benefits. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 12.49%, 18.49% or 23.24% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 23.49% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 5/29/2020 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Visa is a registered trademark of VISA USA, Inc. and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if the request for express delivery is made before 3:00 p.m. ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00 p.m. ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 5/29/2020 and may change after this date.
UBER CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT REWARD RULES
This document contains the official Reward Rules for the Uber Credit Card Account ("Card Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Card Account Reward Rules") for your Card Account rewards program ("Program"). Use of your Card Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Card Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Card Account Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement. Barclays is solely responsible for establishing these Card Account Reward Rules and for communicating with Uber USA LLC (“Uber”) as described below to administer the Card Account Reward Rules.
Uber issues Uber Cash (“Uber Cash”) for use in the Uber rider, Uber Eats and Uber JUMP apps (collectively “Uber Apps”) and Uber Cash is not a product or program of Barclays. Uber is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions related to Uber accounts (“Uber Account”) and Uber Cash. The terms and conditions governing Uber Accounts and Uber Cash are published on Uber.com. Uber reserves the right to change or cancel the terms and conditions of Uber Accounts and Uber Cash at any time with or without prior notice.
Card Account Reward Rules Administration
The Card Account Reward Rules are administered by Barclays located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules at any time with or without notice. You can review current Card Account Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Card Account at BarclaysUS.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Program through use of the Card Account:
- You must maintain an open Card Account that is in good standing. “Good Standing” means your Card Account is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”).
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Card Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
Important Information about Uber Cash
- You will earn Uber Cash for qualifying purchases on your Card Account as outlined in the Earning Uber Cash section.
- Uber Cash earned through use of your Card Account will be transferred to your Uber Account as outlined in the Transferring and Redeeming Uber Cash section. Once transferred, Uber Cash available in Uber Apps can be redeemed to pay for designated Uber services. For instance, you can redeem $5 in Uber Cash to pay for a $5 Uber ride.
- As long as the Card Account is open and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total Uber Cash you can earn using your Card Account.
- All Uber Cash earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user(s), through use of the Card Account, will be transferred to the primary cardmember’s Uber Account.
- If you do not receive credit for Uber Cash earned through use of your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in Uber Cash. Uber Cash has no cash value or value of any kind until fully redeemed. Uber Cash may not be assigned or transferred (other than to your Uber Account).
- You are solely responsible for any taxes that may be owed as a result of Uber Cash earned, transferred and/or redeemed. Please consult your tax advisor if you have tax questions about the Program. Barclays does not provide tax advice.
- Participation in the Program through use of your Card Account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any reward offered through the Program earned through use of the Card Account, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
- Barclays is not responsible for transferring or adding Uber Cash to your Uber Account or for arranging or providing for any goods or services related to the use of Uber Cash, for any delay, failure, or refusal by Uber to transfer, add or redeem Uber Cash, or for any decision by Uber to revoke or cancel Uber Cash in your Uber Account.
- You will have 60 days from the Card Account closure date to transfer any outstanding Uber Cash from your Card Account to your Uber Account, as long as your Card Account at the time of closure was not closed for any reasons outlined in the Uber Cash Forfeiture Section.
- You can view a summary of your Uber Cash earned through the use of your Card Account on your Card Account billing statement, by logging into BarclaysUS.com.
Earning Uber Cash
Under the Program, you earn a percentage of your purchase amount (“% Back”) in Uber Cash that can be redeemed and spent in Uber Apps. One cent ($0.01) of Uber Cash has a value of one cent ($0.01). You earn Uber Cash for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user(s) of the Card Account as follows:
- You earn 5% Back in Uber Cash ($0.05) for every $1.00 spent on Net Purchases made through Uber Apps (“Uber Purchases”), excluding purchases of Uber gift cards and purchases of Uber Cash which will earn 1% Back in Uber Cash ($0.01) for every $1.00 spent on Net Purchases.
- You earn 3% Back in Uber Cash ($0.03) for every $1.00 spent on Net Purchases made at restaurants, as defined by merchant category codes, which includes restaurants, fast food restaurants and bars. However, Uber Eats will earn 5% back in Uber Cash as described above.
- You earn 3% Back in Uber Cash ($0.03) for every $1.00 spent on Net Purchases made on airfare, hotels and vacation rentals (including travel agencies and home share exchanges), as defined by merchant category codes . Purchases from merchant category codes that include timeshares and real estate agents and managers are excluded from the 3% Back in Uber Cash category and will earn 1% Back in Uber Cash for every $1.00 spent on Net Purchases.
- You earn 1% Back in Uber Cash ($0.01) for every $1.00 spent on Net Purchases everywhere else.
- Purchases must be submitted by merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in the above specified categories to qualify for the additional Uber Cash. Barclays and Uber are not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Additional Uber Cash may not be earned if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet to pay for the purchase. Additionally, purchases made through third parties, including online marketplaces and resellers, or using a third-party payment account will not earn additional Uber Cash.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Card Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent purchases are not considered Net Purchases and do not earn Uber Cash.
$100 Uber Cash Bonus
You will receive a bonus of $100 Uber Cash in your Card Account after you spend $500 on Net Purchases on your Card Account within the first ninety (90) days from the Card Account open date. This one-time bonus offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new Card Accounts only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer.
From time to time, we may offer bonuses of Uber Cash or other incentives to new Uber Credit Card cardmembers in connection with an application for a new account. These bonuses and /or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been Uber Credit Card cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Uber Credit Card account after this Card Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Uber Credit Card cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your Uber Cash by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Card Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
Transferring and Redeeming Uber Cash
Once earned in your Card Account, there are two ways to transfer Uber Cash to your Uber Account:
- At any time, you may choose to transfer Uber Cash from your Card Account to your Uber Account by selecting this option when you access the Uber Apps.
- Once you have accumulated at least $50 Uber Cash on your Card Account, the next time you access your Uber Apps, Uber will transfer the entire balance of Uber Cash in your Card Account to your Uber Cash balance on your Uber Account.
Once transferred to your Uber Account, Uber manages redemptions of Uber Cash for Uber services. You can obtain information regarding redemptions in your Uber Apps.
Uber Cash Forfeiture
If your Card Account is closed for any of the following reasons, your Uber Cash earned but not yet transferred to Uber will be forfeited and/or we may request that Uber make corresponding adjustments to or invalidate Uber Cash earned through use of your Card Account and existing in your Uber Account if/based upon:
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engages in any fraudulent or illegal activity through the use of your Card Account.
- You, or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engage in any activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account have negative public record information identified.
- Your history of Card Account usage.
- Your Card Account is delinquent, as determined by Barclays in its sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account violate any of the Card Account Rewards Rules.
- Your Card Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
Responsibility of the Parties/Information Sharing
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program through use of the Card Account and accepting Uber Cash, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclays, Uber, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program through use of the Card Account, travel taken or use of products or services purchased in connection with the Program through use of the Card Account or using Uber Cash. Barclays has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of Uber Cash, items received through redemptions, or a cardmember’s right to redeem or possess Uber Cash.
Important General Program Disclosures
Barclays and Uber reserve the right to correct inaccurate Uber Cash values represented on statements, their websites and/or their mobile apps, at their sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules or any aspects or features of the Card Account Reward Rules at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Card Account Reward Rules shall be in our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. Barclays is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. Uber Cash earned through use of the Card Account cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us or Uber.
If you have any questions about your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your card.
© 2019 Barclays Bank Delaware, member FDIC