Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $39 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
Up to $39 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)". If you are a resident of Iowa at the time the account is opened, we use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Hawaiian Airlines Bank of Hawaii World Elite Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Fees that Vary by State:
Late Payment Fee: Up to $39 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Returned Payment: Up to $39 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law.
++Your Telephone Numbers: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize us and our affiliates and agents, to contact you at that number about your account or other products or services, and to use an automated dialing service, pre-recorded message or text message. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 12.74%, 16.74% or 21.74% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 21.99% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 02/26/2021 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Mastercard, World Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International, Incorporated and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if the request for express delivery is made before 3:00 p.m. ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00 p.m. ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 02/26/2021 and may change after this date.
HAWAIIAN AIRLINES® AND HAWAIIAN AIRLINES® BANK OF HAWAII CARD ACCOUNT REWARD RULES
This document contains the official reward rules for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard Account ("Card Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Card Account Reward Rules"). Use of your Card Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Card Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Card Account Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Barclays is solely responsible for establishing these Card Account Reward Rules and for communicating with Hawaiian Airlines as described below to administer the Card Account Reward Rules. Certain Card Account benefits are fulfilled under the HawaiianMiles (the “Program”), which is a frequent flyer program offered by Hawaiian Airlines and is not a product or program of Barclays.
Hawaiian Airlines is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of your participation in the HawaiianMiles Program, HawaiianMiles Program account (“Program Account”) and the miles accumulation therein. Terms and conditions of the Program are published by Hawaiian Airlines at hawaiianairlines.com and Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to change or cancel the Program and the Program rules at any time with or without prior notice.
Card Account Reward Rules Administration
The Card Account Reward Rules are administered by Barclays located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules at any time with or without notice. You can review current Card Account Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Card Account at HawaiianCreditCard.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Program through use of the Card Account:
- You must maintain an open Card Account that is in good standing. “Good Standing” means your Card Account is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”).
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Card Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
- If your participation in the Program is canceled any HawaiianMiles earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Hawaiian Airlines may be forfeited. See hawaiianairlines.com for details.
- If your Program Account is closed, for any reason, your Card Account may be closed. Upon closure of your Program Account you will forfeit all Card Account benefits fulfilled under the Program and any HawaiianMiles earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Hawaiian Airlines.
- Upon closure of your Card Account all benefits associated with the Card Account will be forfeited.
- If you included the primary cardmember’s HawaiianMiles Program Account number on your application, we will add that number to your Card Account automatically.
- If the Program Account number provided on the application cannot be found (or does not match the applicant’s information), or if there is no number provided on the application, then a new Program Account number will be assigned to the primary cardmember. Only one Program Account will be established regardless of whether your Card Account is an individual Card Account or a Card Account with an authorized user.
Important Information about HawaiianMiles
- As long as the Program continues and the Card Account is open and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total HawaiianMiles you can earn using your Card Account.
- You may not earn HawaiianMiles during any period in which your Card Account is past due.
- All HawaiianMiles earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user(s), through use of the Card Account, will be transferred to the primary cardmember’s Program account after the close of each Card Account billing statement. Your Program account is subject to the Program terms and conditions, located at hawaiianairlines.com, which includes expiration and forfeiture policies.
- If you do not receive credit for earned HawaiianMiles through use of your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your credit card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in HawaiianMiles. HawaiianMiles earned and not yet transferred to Hawaiian Airlines, have no cash value or value of any kind except as provided in the HawaiianMiles Share Miles section below. After HawaiianMiles are transferred please refer to the HawaiianMiles Program Rules at hawaiianairlines.com for details on the value of HawaiianMiles.
- You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the Program.
- Participation in the Program through use of your Card Account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any HawaiianMiles offered through the Program earned through use of the Card Account, other than by us or Hawaiian Airlines, is expressly prohibited.
- You can view a summary of your HawaiianMiles earned through the use of your Card Account on your monthly Card Account billing statement or by logging into Hawaiiancreditcard.com. Your total Program HawaiianMiles balance is available by calling 877-426-4537 or online at hawaiianairlines.com.
- Barclays is not responsible for adding the HawaiianMiles to your Program Account, for arranging or providing for any goods or services related to the use of HawaiianMiles, for any delay, failure, or refusal by Hawaiian Airlines to add or redeem HawaiianMiles, or for any decision by Hawaiian Airlines to revoke or cancel HawaiianMiles or membership in the Program. Once we transfer HawaiianMiles earned through use of the Card Account after the close of each Card Account billing cycle, Hawaiian Airlines is responsible for adding the HawaiianMiles to your Program.
You earn HawaiianMiles for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user(s) of the Card Account as follows:
- You earn 3 HawaiianMiles for every $1 spent on Hawaiian Airlines Net Purchases made with the Card Account on tickets, goods and services purchased directly from Hawaiian Airlines. Eligible Hawaiian Purchases are items billed by Hawaiian Airlines as merchant of record booked through Hawaiian Airlines channels (hawaiianairlines.com, Hawaiian Airlines reservations, Hawaiian onboard purchases and Hawaiian Airlines airport and city ticket counters). Products or services that do not qualify are duty free purchases made inflight. Miles earned will be posted to the primary cardmember’s Program Account in 4-6 weeks after qualifying transactions have posted.
- You earn 2 HawaiianMiles for every $1 spent on gas, grocery store (excluding Target® and Walmart®) and dining Net Purchases made on the Card Account. Gas purchases are defined as automated fuel dispensers and service stations, as identified by the merchant category codes. Grocery store purchases are defined as grocery stores and supermarkets, as identified by the merchant category code, excluding Target® and Walmart.® Please note, some merchants that sell grocery items, such as warehouse clubs, drug stores, discount stores and merchants that sell a limited number of grocery items generally do not use the grocery store merchant category code. Dining purchases are categorized as eating-places, restaurants, bars, taverns and fast food merchants.
- You earn 1 HawaiianMile for every$1 spent on all other Net Purchases made on the Card Account
- Purchases must be submitted by merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in the above specified categories to qualify for the additional HawaiianMiles. Barclays and Hawaiian Airlines are not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Additional HawaiianMiles may not be earned if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet to pay for the purchase. Additionally, purchases made through third parties, including online marketplaces and resellers, or using a third-party payment account will not earn additional HawaiianMiles.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Card Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent purchases are not considered Net Purchases and do not earn HawaiianMiles.
You will receive a one-time 50,000 HawaiianMiles bonus after spending $2,000 in Net Purchases within the first 90 days after your Account open date. The bonus will be reflected on the billing statement in which you have qualified to earn the bonus. Please allow 4-6 weeks for HawaiianMiles bonus miles to be deposited into your Program account after the qualifying purchase(s) have posted to your Account. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.
From time to time, we may offer bonuses of HawaiianMiles or other incentives to new Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard cardmembers in connection with an application for a new card account. These bonuses and/or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard card account after this Card Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your HawaiianMiles by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Card Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
Hawaiian Airlines manages the Program including redemption. You can obtain information regarding the redemption options available by calling 877-426-4537 or online at hawaiianairlines.com.
If your Card Account is closed for any of the following reasons, your HawaiianMiles earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Hawaiian Airlines will be forfeited and/or we may request that Hawaiian Airlines make corresponding adjustments to or invalidate HawaiianMiles earned through use of your Card Account and transferred to your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard Card Account if/based upon:
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engages in any fraudulent or illegal activity through the use of your Card Account.
- You, or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engage in any activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account have negative public record information identified.
- Your history of Card Account usage.
- Your Card Account is delinquent, as determined by Barclays in its sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account violate any of the Card Account Rewards Rules.
- Your Card Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
- Your Program Account is closed.
Baggage Fee Waiver
- The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard primary cardmember is eligible to receive 1free checked bag on Hawaiian Airlines operated flights. Authorized users of the primary cardmembers’ Card Account do not qualify for the free first checked bag benefit. This is only for travel between North America and Hawaii and between Neighbor Islands (interisland). International flights are excluded.
- All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard.
- Ticket purchases must be made directly from Hawaiian Airlines (HawaiianAirlines.com, Hawaiian Airlines Reservations department and Hawaiian Airlines airport ticket counters) to qualify for one free checked bag. Tickets purchased from third parties (i.e. ID90, travel agencies, etc.) are not eligible.
- The primary cardmember must provide their HawaiianMiles Program Account number associated with the Card Account within their reservations any time prior to check-in. You must be a current primary cardmember upon check-in to be eligible.
- Offer is not valid on codeshare flight segments operated by Hawaiian Airlines and marketed by other airline partners. Please refer to the Hawaiian Airlines website: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/legal/list-of-all-fees.
- Pualani Platinum, Pualani Gold and Premier Club Primary Cardmembers will receive an additional (1) free checked bag in addition to their existing membership baggage allowance.
- Checked bag fee waiver is limited to the first bag for the primary cardmember only. Applicable overweight and excess baggage fees will apply. Please refer to www.HawaiianAirlines.com/bag-fees/ for more information on Hawaiian Airlines baggage policy.
Discounted Flight Awards
- You are eligible to receive a discount on flight awards for travel on Hawaiian Airlines.
- Discounted flight awards are only accessible through the primary cardmember’s HawaiianMiles Program Account number online at hawaiianairlines.com.
InFlight purchase credit (Pualani Platinum and Pualani Gold Members Only)
- You must be a current Pualani Platinum or Pualani Gold HawaiianMiles member at the time of purchase to be eligible for a maximum $100 annual statement credit towards InFlight purchases.
- You will be allowed a $10 maximum InFlight credit redemption per day for qualified purchases.
- Qualified purchases are purchases such as but not limited to onboard entertainment, beverages and premium meals made only on Hawaiian Airlines flights:
- Purchases must be made with your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard.
- Duty Free, preferred seating, class upgrades purchases are not included.
- If the total $100 companion discount credit has not been awarded by your Card Account anniversary date, no residual credit will be carried over into the following cycle.
- InFlight purchase credit benefit is good for 1 year starting from the Card Account open or anniversary date as long as HawaiianMiles Pualani Platinum or Gold membership is maintained. If you close your Card Account, the remaining credit will be forfeited.
HawaiianMiles Share Miles
As a Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard primary cardmember, you can send and receive HawaiianMiles from friends and family online at hawaiianairlines.com.
- There are no transaction fees for HawaiianMiles transfers, no charges per mile, or no minimum or maximum number of HawaiianMiles transferred to cardmembers.
- You must have a current email address on file within your Program account to receive HawaiianMiles transferred with the Share Miles program.
- Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard cardmembers may send and receive HawaiianMiles transferred from friends and family up to a maximum of ten (10) times per calendar year.
- The HawaiianMiles transferer must be a current HawaiianMiles Program member and may perform an unlimited amount of transfer transactions using the Share Miles program.
- Full terms and conditions for the sharing of HawaiianMiles are available at HawaiianAirlines.com/legal/HawaiianMiles-terms-and-conditions.
HawaiianMiles Select Partners
- You may earn bonus HawaiianMiles per $1 spent at select HawaiianMiles partners. Refer to https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/merchant-partners/hawaiianmiles-marketplace for details.
- Payments for purchases at select HawaiianMiles partners must be made with your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard.
- If any part of the payment is made with cash, check, or by means other than your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, you will earn extra HawaiianMiles only on the amount paid with your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard.
- HawaiianMiles will be credited only to the primary cardmember’s HawaiianMiles Program Account.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for HawaiianMiles to post to your HawaiianMiles Program Account.
- Participating HawaiianMiles select partners are subject to change at any time. Visit https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/merchant-partners/hawaiianmiles-marketplace for partner listing and restrictions.
Responsibility of the Parties/Information Sharing
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program through use of the Card Account and accepting and using HawaiianMiles and other benefits earned through use of the Card Account, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program through the use of the Card Account) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclays, Hawaiian Airlines, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program through use of the Card Account or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program through use of the Card Account. Barclays has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of HawaiianMiles, items received through redemptions, or a cardmember’s right to redeem or possess HawaiianMiles.
Important General Program Disclosures
Barclays reserves the right to correct inaccurate HawaiianMiles values represented on statements, our website and/or our mobile app, at our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules or any aspects or features of the Card Account Reward Rules at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Card Account Reward Rules shall be in our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. Barclays is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. HawaiianMiles earned through use of the Card Account cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us or Hawaiian Airlines.
The HawaiianMiles Program is subject to change without prior notification. Other significant terms may apply. For the most current information, visit https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/legal/hawaiianmiles-terms-and-conditions. HawaiianMiles is not a product or program of Barclays.
If you have any questions about your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your credit card.
©2020 Barclays Bank Delaware, Member FDIC.