Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
15.99% or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening.
After that, (and for balance transfers that do not post within 45 days of account opening) your APR will be 15.99% or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
$89 for the Miles & More Mastercard World Elite
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $37
Up to $37
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Miles and More Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law.
++Your Telephone Numbers: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize us and our affiliates and agents, to contact you at that number about your account or other products or services, and to use an automated dialing service, pre-recorded message or text message. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of Iowa and the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 12.74% or 21.74% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 21.99% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 02/26/2021 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Avoiding Interest on Purchases: We will not charge you interest on any purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month. In addition, during this introductory period we will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay by the due date each month your outstanding statement balance minus any new 0% introductory APR Balance Transfer balances. To avoid a late fee, you should pay at least the minimum payment due on your account each month.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Mastercard, World Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International, Incorporated and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if your request for express delivery is made before 3:00pm ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00pm ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 02/26/2021 and may change after this date.
Information That We Collect & Share About You:
MILES & MORE® WORLD ELITE MASTERCARD® REWARD RULES
This document contains the official reward rules for the Miles & More World Elite Mastercard Account ("Card Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Card Account Reward Rules"). Use of your Card Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Card Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Card Account Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Barclays is solely responsible for establishing these Card Account Reward Rules and for communicating with Miles & More as described below to administer the Card Account Reward Rules. Certain Card Account benefits are fulfilled under the Miles & More, which is the loyalty program of Lufthansa including Lufthansa Group Carriers (the “Program”) and is not a product or program of Barclays.
Miles & More is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of your participation and award miles accumulation in the Program. Terms and conditions of the Program are published by Miles & More at miles-and-more.com and Miles & More reserves the right to change the Program at any time with or without prior notice.
Card Account Reward Rules Administration
The Card Account Reward Rules are administered by Barclays located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules at any time with or without notice. You can review current Card Account Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Card Account at BarclaysUS.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Program through use of the Card Account:
- You must maintain an open Card Account that is in good standing. “Good Standing” means your Card Account is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”).
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Card Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
- If your Miles & More account (“Miles & More Account”) is closed, for any reason, your Card Account may be closed. Upon closure of your Miles & More Account, you will forfeit all Card Account benefits fulfilled under the Program and any award miles earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Miles & More.
- Upon closure of your Card Account all benefits associated with the Card Account will be forfeited.
Miles & More Program Membership
- If your Program Membership number was included in the application, we will add that number to your Card Account automatically. You are required to provide a valid Program Membership number to receive award miles or to receive any Program benefits associated with your Card Account.
- If you do not provide a valid Program Membership number, and later update this to your Card Account, award miles earned within the previous 6-month period will be corrected within 4-6 weeks of reporting the Program Membership number update; any other award miles earned beyond the current rolling 6-month period will be forfeited.
- If you do not have a Program Membership number, you will need to enroll in the Program via miles-and-more.com and agree to the terms and conditions of the Program found at miles-and-more.com/us/termsandconditions. After a successful enrollment, a Program Membership number will be assigned to you. It is required to enroll in the Program and provide a valid Program Membership number in order to receive the full benefits of the Miles & More World Elite Mastercard as disclosed in Card Account Terms and Conditions.
- Program Membership numbers may change with status in the Program and will be updated on your Card Account and reflected on your monthly statement in the Rewards section. Validate your Program Membership number periodically and contact us promptly with any concerns. Award miles earned within the previous 6-month period will be corrected upon communicating your concern; Any other award miles or benefits will be forfeited if you do not provide us with a valid Program Membership number within a rolling 6-month period.
- Only one Program Membership number, for the primary cardmember, will be allowed per Card Account.
Important Information about Award Miles
- As long as the Program continues and the Card Account is open and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total award miles you can earn using your Card Account.
- You may not earn award miles during any period in which your Card Account is past due.
- All award miles earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user(s), through use of the Card Account, will be transferred to the primary cardmember’s Program Membership account after the close of each Card Account billing statement. Your Program Membership account is subject to the Program terms and conditions, located at miles-and-more.com/us/termsandconditions, which includes expiration and forfeiture policies.
- If you do not receive credit for earned award miles through use of your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your credit card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in award miles. Award miles have no cash value or value of any kind until they are fully redeemed. Award miles may not be assigned or transferred.
- You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the Program.
- Participation in the Program through use of your Card Account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any award miles offered through the Program earned through use of the Card Account, other than by us or Miles and More, is expressly prohibited.
- You can view a summary of your award miles earned through the use of your Card Account on your monthly Card Account billing statement or by logging into BarclaysUS.com. Your total Program Miles & More award miles balance is available by calling 800-581-6400 or online at miles-and-more.com.
- Barclays is not responsible for adding the award miles to your Program Membership account, for arranging or providing for any goods or services related to the use of award miles, for any delay, failure, or refusal by Miles & More to add or redeem award miles, or for any decision by Miles & More to revoke or cancel award miles or membership in the Program. Once we transfer award miles earned through use of the Card Account after the close of each Card Account billing cycle, Miles & More is responsible for adding the award miles to your Program.
Earning Award Miles
You earn award miles for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user(s) of the Card Account as follows:
- You earn 2 award miles for every $1 of Net Purchases, on tickets purchased directly from eligible Miles & More integrated airline partners (“Miles & More Purchases”). Eligible Miles & More Purchases are items billed by Miles & More integrated airline partners as merchant of record. Miles & More integrated airline partners are: AirDolomiti, Austrian Airlines Group, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair and SWISS (subject to modifications). Refer to miles-and-more.com for current list of Miles & More integrated airline partners.
- You earn 1 award mile for every $1 on all other Net Purchases made on the Card Account.
- Award miles are exempt from expiring, provided a miles-related purchase is made at least once a month (that is not returned) and the Card Account has been open for at least three months. For details visit miles-and-more.com/en/no-mileage-expiration. If either of these conditions is not met, the mileage expiration is reactivated and the award miles will be subject to expiration according to the Program terms and conditions. Award miles awarded to Miles & More status members (Frequent Travellers, Senators, HON Circle Members) do not expire as long as the status is held. For more information, please refer to the Program terms and conditions at miles-and-more.com.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Card Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent purchases are not considered Net Purchases and do not earn award miles.
Bonus Award Miles
You will receive a one-time bonus of 20,000 award miles after the first purchase posts to the Account. You will also receive a one-time bonus of 30,000 award miles after spending $5,000 in Net Purchases within the first 90 days of Account open date and paying the annual fee in full, also within the first 90 days of your Account open date. Your annual fee may not be paid in full within the first 90 days of your Account open date if you pay only your minimum payment due amount as reflected on your statement each month. Your annual fee is considered paid when you make payments greater than or equal to your annual fee. The bonus will be reflected on the billing statement after you have qualified to earn the bonus. Please allow 4-6 weeks for bonus award miles to be deposited into your Miles & More account after the qualifying purchase(s) have posted to your Account and your annual fee has been paid in full. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.
From time to time, we may offer bonuses of award miles or other incentives to new Miles & More World Elite Mastercard cardmembers in connection with an application for a new card account. These bonuses and/or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been Miles & More World Elite Mastercard cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Miles & More World Elite Mastercard card account after this Card Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Miles & More World Elite Mastercard cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your award miles by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Card Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
Redeeming Award Miles
- Miles & More manages the Program including redemption. You can obtain information regarding the redemption options available by calling 800-581-6400 or online at miles-and-more.com.
Award Miles Forfeiture
If your Card Account is closed for any of the following reasons, your award miles earned during that billing cycle, but not yet sent to Miles & More, will be forfeited if/based upon:
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engages in any fraudulent or illegal activity through the use of your Card Account.
- You, or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engage in any activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account have negative public record information identified.
- Your history of Card Account usage.
- Your Card Account is delinquent, as determined by Barclays in its sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account violate any of the Card Account Rewards Rules.
- Your Card Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
- Your Miles & More Account is closed.
The primary cardmember is eligible for an economy class companion ticket upon the first use of the new Card Account for a purchase and on the Card Account opening anniversary every year thereafter, provided the Card Account remains open and in Good Standing. Reservations must be made by calling the Miles & More companion ticket service at 866-461-5399. Please note that all taxes and fees must be paid for the revenue ticket as well as the companion ticket. (Companion portion is only the airfare.) This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount, add-ons or coupons and is not combinable with child, infant or senior citizen fares, travel agent discounts, other promotional offers, group fares, frequent flyer awards or special credit vouchers. Please visit lufthansa-usa.com/us/en/companion for full companion ticket terms and conditions.
Status Miles Conversion (Convert Miles & More award miles into status miles)
The primary cardmember is eligible to convert a minimum of 5,000 award miles up to a maximum of 25,000 award miles into status miles at a ratio of 5:1 upon the first use of the Card Account for a purchase. Status miles are used for achieving or maintaining a given Miles & More member’s status (note that HON Circle Miles are excluded). Each calendar year thereafter, the primary cardmember will qualify for this benefit provided the Card Account remains open and in Good Standing for at least 45 days after payment of the annual fee. Only award miles that have been earned for Net Purchases in the current and preceding calendar year are eligible for conversion into status miles. Any welcome award miles, bonus award miles or promotional award miles are excluded from eligibility. One conversion event per calendar year is permitted, and the conversion is non-reversible. The conversion into status miles is available online at miles-and-more.com by logging in to your Miles & More Account under My Miles & More. Please allow 2 weeks after qualifications have been met for the conversion to be activated.
Lufthansa Business Lounge Voucher
The primary cardmember is eligible to receive 2 one-time use Lufthansa business lounge vouchers (the “Lounge Vouchers”) upon the first use of the Card Account for a purchase. Each year thereafter, the primary cardmember is eligible for the Lounge Vouchers, provided the Card Account remains open and in Good Standing for at least 45 days after payment of the annual fee. Each Lounge Voucher is valid for 1 cardmember or one travel companion for 1 visit at Lufthansa business lounges worldwide. Each Lounge Voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issuance to the cardmember’s Miles & More Account in My inbox or until redeemed for a single entry. Please allow 4-6 weeks after qualifications have been met for delivery of Lounge Vouchers. For admittance to the Lufthansa business lounges, the valid Lounge Voucher (printed or online) and a boarding pass for a same-day departing flight operated by a Lufthansa Group carrier (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Eurowings) must be presented. The sale, as well as the offer for auction of the Lounge Voucher to a third party is prohibited. Lounge Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. All Lufthansa business lounge rules will apply. More information on the terms and conditions are provided on the Lounge Voucher located at miles-and-more.com after logging into your Miles & More Account in My inbox. We are not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, Lufthansa business lounges amenities. Miles & More is solely responsible for the electronic delivery of the Lounge Vouchers to the cardmember’s Miles & More Account in My inbox.
Up to 15% off Hotels & Cars by Points
Upon the first use of the Card Account for a purchase, the primary cardmember will be eligible to receive a reduction valid for up to 15% off Hotels & Cars by Points. The reduction is automatically applied to bookings made via Hotels & Cars by Points (milesandmore.points.com/USAhotel or milesandmore.points.com/USAcar) after logging in with your Miles & More Account. Please allow 2 weeks from qualification for the reduction to be available. Each calendar year thereafter, the primary cardmember is eligible for the reduction provided the Card Account remains open and in Good Standing for at least 45 days after payment of the annual fee. Miles & More is solely responsible for the application of the reduction to the cardmember’s booking via Hotels & Cars by Points. Neither cash nor an account credit of the reduction is possible.
Annual Fee Waiver
The annual fee will be waived for members with Senator and HON Circle status, as long as they maintain their Senator or HON Circle Member status. If Senator and HON Circle status is rescinded, the annual fee will be assessed after notification. All benefits tied to the annual fee payment will then be in force.
Responsibility of the Parties/Information Sharing
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program through use of the Card Account and accepting and using award miles and other benefits earned through use of the Card Account, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program through the use of the Card Account) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclays, Lufthansa Group Carriers and Miles & More, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program through use of the Card Account or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program through use of the Card Account. Barclays has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of [rewards currency], items received through redemptions, or a cardmember’s right to redeem or possess award miles.
Important General Program Disclosures
Barclays reserves the right to correct inaccurate award miles values represented on statements, our website and/or our mobile app, at our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules or any aspects or features of the Card Account Reward Rules at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Card Account Reward Rules shall be in our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. Barclays is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. Award miles earned through use of the Card Account cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us or Lufthansa Group Carriers and Miles & More.
If you have any questions about your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your credit card.
©2020 Barclays Bank Delaware, Member FDIC.
LFT_LF42_ 072020 BAR-7894-8