Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
16.99%, 21.74% or 26.74%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening.
After that, (and for balance transfers that do not post within 45 days of account opening) your APR will be 16.99%, 21.74%, or 26.74% based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $37 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
Up to $37 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)". If you are a resident of Iowa at the time the account is opened, we use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Choice Hotels Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Fees that Vary by State:
Late Payment Fee: Up to $37 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Returned Payment: Up to $37 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law. You agree that if you are not approved for a Signature account you may be approved for a Platinum account.
++Your Telephone Numbers: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize us and our affiliates and agents, to contact you at that number about your account or other products or services, and to use an automated dialing service, pre-recorded message or text message. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you, or you may receive a Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from Signature benefits. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 11.99%, 16.74% or 21.74% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 21.99% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 09/30/2019 using a Prime Rate of 5.0%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Avoiding Interest on Purchases: We will not charge you interest on any purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month. In addition, during this introductory period we will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay by the due date each month your outstanding statement balance minus any new 0% introductory APR Balance Transfer balances. To avoid a late fee, you should pay at least the minimum payment due on your account each month.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Visa is a registered trademark of VISA USA, Inc. and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if your request for express delivery is made before 3:00pm ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00pm ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 09/30/2019 and may change after this date.
CHOICE PRIVILEGES® VISA® CARD REWARD RULES
This document contains the official Reward Rules for the Choice Privileges® Visa® Card Account ("Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclaycard", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Reward Rules"). Use of your Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Choice Privileges® is a hotel membership program offered by Choice Hotels (the “Program”) and is not a product or program of Barclaycard. Choice Hotels International, Inc. (“Choice Hotels”) is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of your participation and points accumulation in the Program. Terms and conditions of the Program are published by Choice Hotels® at choiceprivileges.com and Choice Hotels International, Inc. reserves the right to change the Program at any time with or without prior notice.
Reward Rules Administration
The Reward Rules are administered by Barclaycard located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Reward Rules at any time with or without notice. We are solely responsible for all credit and eligibility standards and determination of Account issuance. You can review current Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Account at BarclaycardUS.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Program through use of the Account:
- You must maintain an open Account that is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”). See sections titled “Point Restrictions” and “Point Forfeiture” for more details.
- Your Account cannot have been inactive for 6 billing cycles in a row (representing approximately 6 months). “Inactive” means you have no balance, no payments and no purchases and/or transactions.
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
- If your participation in the Program is cancelled any points earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Choice Hotels may be forfeited. See choicehotels.com for details.
- The Choice Privileges Membership (“Membership”) allows members to earn points that can be used toward free stays at Choice Hotels brands, and other rewards.
- If your Membership number was included in the application, we will add that number to your Account automatically.
- If the Membership number that you provided is found to be invalid or you did not provide us with a membership number, a new Choice Privileges Rewards Program membership account number will be assigned to you.
- Only one Membership number will be established per Account, and assigned to the primary cardmember on that Account.
You earn points for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user of the Account as follows:
- Earn 15 points for every $1.00 of Net Purchases made on the Account on completed stays at eligible Choice Hotels locations. Eligible Choice Hotel Net Purchases are items billed by Choice Hotels as merchant of record booked through choicehotels.com, calling the Choice Hotels Service Center, or booking direct with an eligible Choice Hotel. The 15 points are broken down as follows:
- Through your Membership, you will earn 10 points per $1.00 spent on eligible stays at Choice Hotels locations when the Account is linked to the same Membership. These points will be awarded after your stay is complete and will be posted directly to your Membership account.
- Earn 3 points for every $1.00 of Net Purchases spent on eligible stays at Choice Hotels locations purchased with the Account linked to the same Membership. These points will be awarded after your stay is complete and may post on a separate billing statement than the one on which the stay transaction has posted.
- Earn 2 points for every $1.00 of Net Purchases spent on stays at Choice Hotels locations made on the Account. These points will be awarded when the purchase is posted to your Account billing statement.
- Choice Hotels locations include the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Australasia. Europe excludes Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden. Australasia includes Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, and Fiji. For complete details on eligible hotels that earn points, and the terms of the Choice Privileges Program please go to choiceprivileges.com.
- Earn 5 points for every $1.00 of Net Purchases made on the Account for the purchase of Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards.
- Earn 2 points for every $1.00 of Net Purchases made on the Account for all other purchases, including eligible or non-point eligible Choice Hotels stays.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent purchases do not earn points, except as permitted in the Bonus Points section below.
You will receive a one-time 32,000 points bonus after you spend $1,000 in Net Purchases within the first ninety (90) days of the Account open date. The bonus will be reflected on the billing statement in which you have qualified to earn the bonus. Please allow 4-6 weeks for point bonuses to be deposited into your Membership account after the qualifying purchase(s) have posted to your Account. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.
Anniversary Bonus Points
When you spend at least $10,000 in Net Purchases within each 12-month period through and including billing cycle date of the month after your Account anniversary month, 8,000 bonus points will be awarded to your Account. A maximum of 8,000 anniversary bonus points can be earned each Account anniversary regardless of the amount of Net Purchases made. Each year, your spend will start over and will go through and include your cycle following your anniversary month. Anniversary bonus points will be applied at the close of the billing cycle the month after your Account anniversary date. Please allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points to be deposited into your account.
From time to time, we may offer bonuses of points or other incentives to new Choice Privileges® Visa Card cardmembers in connection with an application for a new account. These bonuses and /or incentives are intended for persons who are not and have not previously been Choice Privileges® Visa Card cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Choice Privileges® Visa Card account after this Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Choice Privileges® Visa Card cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your points by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
Choice Hotels manages the Program including redemption. You can obtain information regarding the redemption options available by calling 888-228-2000 or online at choiceprivileges.com.
Important Information about Points
- As long as the Program continues and the Account is open, active and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total points you can earn using your Account.
- In the event of any abusive, gaming or fraudulent activity related to the Account or violation of the Reward Rules, as determined by us in our sole discretion, we reserve the right to make corresponding adjustments to or invalidate points accrued in the Program through use of the Account, to disqualify you from participating in the Program through use of the Account, and/or to close your Account at any time. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an Account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/opening, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- All points earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user, through use of the Account, will be transferred to the primary cardmember’s Choice Privileges account after the close of each billing statement. Your Choice Privileges account is subject to the Choice Privileges Program terms and conditions, located at choiceprivileges.com, which includes expiration and forfeiture policies.
- If you do not receive credit for earned points through use of your Account, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in points. Points have no cash value or value of any kind until they are fully redeemed. Points may not be automatically assigned, transferred or pledged.
- You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the Program.
- Participation in the Program through use of your account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any reward offered through the Program earned through use of the Account, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
- You can view a summary of your points earned through the use of your Account on your monthly Account billing statement or by logging into BarclaycardUS.com. Your total points Program balance is available by calling 888-228-2000 or online at choiceprivileges.com.
- Barclaycard is not responsible for awarding the points to your Program account or for arranging or providing for any goods or services related to the use of points, for any delay, failure, or refusal by Choice Hotels to award or redeem points, or for any decision by Choice Hotels to revoke or cancel points or membership in the Program.
- If your Account is closed for any reason, please refer to the Program Terms and Conditions at choiceprivileges.com or call 888-228-2000 for details regarding any impact to your outstanding point balance.
You may not earn points through use of the Account during a billing cycle in which any of the following occur:
- You, or any authorized user on the Account, engage in any illegal activity through the use of your Account or engage in activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You fail to make the minimum payment due by the payment due date.
- Your Account becomes delinquent.
- Your Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
Points earned through use of the Account, but not yet transferred to Choice Hotels, may be forfeited if any of the following occur:
- You, or any authorized user on the Account, engage in any illegal activity through the use of your Account or engage in activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Your Account becomes seriously delinquent, as determined by Barclaycard in its sole discretion.
- Your Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
- If your Account is closed for any reason, please refer to the Program Terms and Conditions at choiceprivileges.com, for details regarding any impact to your outstanding point balance.
Responsibility of the Parties/Information Sharing
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program through use of the Account and accepting points, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclaycard, Choice Hotels, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program through use of the Account or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program through use of the Account. Barclaycard has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of points or a cardmember’s right to possess points.
Important General Program Disclosures
Choice Hotels International, Inc. reserves the right to change the Choice Privileges Program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the points or awards that you have accumulated. Choice Hotels International, Inc. is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the Choice Privileges Program, visit choiceprivileges.com.
Barclaycard reserves the right to correct inaccurate point values represented on statements, our website and/or our mobile app, at our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Reward Rules or any aspects or features of the Reward Rules at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Reward Rules shall be in our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. Barclaycard is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. Points earned through use of the Account cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us or Choice Hotels.
Choice Privileges is a registered trademark of Choice Hotels International, Inc. The Choice Privileges® Visa® Card is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware pursuant to a license by Visa. Visa is a registered trademark of VISA USA, Inc.
If you have any questions about your Account, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your card.
© 2019 Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard), member FDIC.