Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
13.99% or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening.
After that, (and for balance transfers that do not post within 45 days of account opening) your APR will be 13.99% or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $37 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
Up to $37 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)". If you are a resident of Iowa at the time the account is opened, we use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Barnes and Noble Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Fees that Vary by State:
Late Payment Fee: Up to $37 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Returned Payment: Up to $37 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law.
Your Telephone Numbers: By providing your telephone number, at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize Barclays Bank Delaware and its affiliates, agents and independent contractors, to contact you regarding your account at such number using any means of communication, including, but not limited to calls placed to your cell, mobile or other phone using an automated dialing service, pre-recorded messages or text messages. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 10.74% or 21.74% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 21.99% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 11/30/2021 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Avoiding Interest on Purchases: We will not charge you interest on any purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month. In addition, during this introductory period we will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay by the due date each month your outstanding statement balance minus any new 0% introductory APR Balance Transfer balances. To avoid a late fee, you should pay at least the minimum payment due on your account each month.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Mastercard, World Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International, Incorporated and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if your request for express delivery is made before 3:00pm ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00pm ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 11/30/2021 and may change after this date.
BARNES & NOBLE MASTERCARD® REWARD RULES
This document contains the official Reward Rules for the Barnes & Noble Mastercard Account ("Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Reward Rules") for your Account reward program ("Program"). Use of your Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Reward Rules Administration
The Program and Reward Rules are administered by Barclays located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Reward Rules and the Program at any time with or without notice. You can review current Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Account at BarclaysUS.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Program through use of the Account:
- You must maintain an open Account that is in good standing. “Good Standing” means your Account is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”).
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
Important Information about Points
- As long as the Program continues and the Account is open and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total points you can earn and your points will not expire.
- You may not earn points and redemptions may not be processed during any period in which your Account is past due.
- When your Account is closed, if your points balance meets the redemption requirement for a gift card(s), it will automatically be sent to you based on your delivery preferences, as long as your Account was not closed for any reasons outlined in the Points Forfeiture Section.
- All points earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user(s) will be added to the primary cardmember’s points balance.
- If you do not receive credit for earned points, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in points. Point amounts have no cash value or value of any kind until they are fully redeemed. Points may not be transferred or assigned.
- Participation in the Program through use of your Account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any points offered through the Program earned through use of the Account, other than by us or Barnes & Noble are expressly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible for any taxes that may be owed as a result of points earned and/or redeemed. Please consult your tax advisor if you have tax questions about the Program. Barclays does not provide tax advice.
- You can view your current points balance at BarclaysUS.com and a summary of your points on your monthly Account billing statement.
Earning Points and Rebates
You earn points and rebates for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user(s) of the Account as follows:
- You earn a 5% rebate, reflected as a credit on your Account statement, on Net Purchases made using the Account at any Barnes & Noble, B. Dalton, Bookstop, Bookstar, Doubleday, Ink Newstand and Charlesbank stores (“Barnes & Noble Stores”) or online at bn.com.
- You earn 2 points for every $1 spent on restaurant Net Purchases (excluding Barnes & Noble Café purchases). Purchases must be submitted by merchant category codes for Restaurants and Fast Food Restaurants to qualify for the 2 points.
- You earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other Net Purchases (excluding Barnes & Noble purchases).
- Purchases must be submitted by merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in the specified categories to qualify for the additional points. Barclays and Barnes & Noble are not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Additional points may not be earned if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet to pay for the purchase. Additionally, purchases made through third parties, including online marketplaces and resellers, or using third-party payment account will not earn additional points.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent purchases are not considered Net Purchases and do not earn points.
You will receive a one-time $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card upon first use of the Account for a Net Purchase or balance transfer. There is a fee for balance transfers. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of the gift card. The delivery will be made to the U.S. street address of record with Barclays.
From time to time, we may offer bonuses of points or other incentives to new Barnes & Noble Mastercard cardmembers in connection with an application for a new account. These bonuses and/or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been Barnes & Noble Mastercard cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Barnes & Noble Mastercard account after this Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Barnes & Noble Mastercard cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your points by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
12 Months of Barnes & Noble Membership
As the primary cardmember, you are eligible to earn 12 months of Barnes & Noble Membership in your name, provided that $7,500 or more in eligible Net Purchases are made on the Account during each 12 month period through and including your Account anniversary date. The following do not count towards the $7,500 Net Purchase spend requirement: balance transfers, cash advances, quasi-cash transactions (transactions in highly liquid assets, e.g., assets that are directly convertible to cash such as, but not limited to, money orders, travelers checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose, fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent transactions.
- Barnes & Noble will send you an email notification once you have earned this Barnes & Noble Membership benefit, which will outline your Membership details. If you do not receive this notification within 2-3 weeks, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your Member card.
- If you already have a Barnes & Noble Membership at the time you earn this benefit, Barnes & Noble will add an additional 12 months to your existing Membership, which will extend the expiration date for your current Membership by 12 months.
- If you do not have an existing Barnes & Noble Membership, you will receive email confirmation froBarnes & Noble for earning a new 12 month Membership, and you will receive a Member card by mail, shortly after.
- The 12 month Barnes & Noble membership benefit will not be applied retroactively and a credit will not be provided for any Barnes & Noble Membership fees that you may have previously paid.
- You will automatically be issued Barnes & Noble Gift Cards and your points will automatically be redeemed based upon the threshold you selected for your gift card preference. If you did not update your gift card preference, you will automatically be issued a $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card by mail each time you accumulate 2,500 points.
- You can modify gift card preferences such as delivery method or denomination, whenever you’d like by contacting the Customer Service number on the back of your credit card or logging in to your Account at BarclaysUS.com. Any changes to the denomination selection will impact the amount of points required for the gift card (2,500 points equals $25 gift card or, 5,000 points equals a $50 gift card).
- Gift cards by mail will be sent to the billing address associated with your Account within 7 to 14 business days after your billing statement in which you earned the gift card. If you switch your delivery method to electronic delivery, the gift card will be sent to the email address of record with Barclays within 24 hours after your billing statement in which you earned the gift card.
- Gift cards do not expire once awarded.
- Gift cards cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Gift cards are valid within the United States only.
- All redemptions are final. Points can’t be returned, refunded, exchanged or credited, unless otherwise specified.
- Rebates will be reflected as a credit on your billing statement.
- The credit will appear on the same billing statement as the charge for the related eligible purchase(s).
- Credits reduce your Account balance but are not applied toward any minimum payment requirement and are otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Account.
If your Account is closed for any of the following reasons, your points earned will be forfeited if/based upon:
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Account engages in any fraudulent or illegal activity through the use of your Account.
- You, or any authorized user(s) on the Account engage in any activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Account have negative public record information identified.
- Your history of Account usage.
- Your Account is delinquent, as determined by Barclays in its sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Account violate any of the Account Rewards Rules.
- Your Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program and accepting and using points earned through the Program, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclays, Barnes & Noble and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program. Barclays and Barnes & Noble are not responsible for unauthorized redemptions on your Account. Barclays has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of points, items received through redemptions, or a cardmember’s right to redeem or possess points.
Important General Program Disclosures
Barclays reserves the right to correct inaccurate points values represented on statements, our website and/or our mobile app, at our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict or terminate the Program or any aspects or features of the Program at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Reward Rules shall be at our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. We are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. Points cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us.
If you have any questions about the Program, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your card.
©2020 Barclays Bank Delaware, Member FDIC.