Terms and Conditions
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
0% introductory APR for the first eighteen billing cycles after the account is opened.
After that, your APR will be 15.73% or 18.73%* based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0% introductory APR for the first eighteen billing cycles after the account is opened.
After that, your APR will be 15.74% or 18.74%* based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
15.74% or 18.74%* when you open your account, based on your credit worthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
* Pursuant to Hawaii law, the APR on your account is capped at 18%. Even if the variable APR calculation results in a higher value, your APR is 18%.
Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
2% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $25
Up to $25
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)".
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 06/29/2018. This information may have changed after that date. To find out what may have changed, call us at 1-888-455-5330 or write us at Card Services, PO Box 8801, Wilmington, DE 19899-8801.
Terms and Conditions:
Important Information about the Bank of Hawaii Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please review carefully the reward benefits (such as bonus points and how points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Terms and Conditions Authorization: I understand that the use of any credit card account opened or any card issued in connection with this offer will constitute my acceptance and will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to me. I agree to be responsible for all charges incurred according to the Cardmember Agreement. I understand that after my account is opened, the terms of my account are subject to change as provided in the Cardmember Agreement. I agree that if I am not approved for a Signature account that I may be approved for a Platinum account.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the continental United States (including Alaska and Territory of American Samoa) who have an established deposit relationship with Bank of Hawaii, State of Hawaii, Territory of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. This offer is not available to residents of Iowa and Puerto Rico. This offer may not be available if you already have or have had a credit card account with us. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we may be unable to open an account for you, or you may receive a Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from Signature benefits. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
Changes to Account and Benefits Terms: We reserve the right to change the APR and other account terms in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement, Hawaii law and the Federal Truth in Lending Act. We also reserve the right to change the benefits and features associated with the card or the account.
About Your Credit Report and Your Credit Performance: You agree that Bank of Hawaii (or its servicing agent) has the right to obtain a current credit report in connection with our review of your application and, subsequently, in connection with a requested charge to any account with us, the renewal of your account, or a change in your credit line; and that we have the right to report to others our credit experience with you. Upon your request, we will tell you the name and address of each consumer reporting agency from which we obtained a consumer report about you. After your account is opened, we will periodically review your credit performance. If you do not maintain your credit performance, we may change your account terms.
How the Variable APRs on Your Account will be Determined: The APRs on your account will be determined each billing cycle by adding a margin to the Prime Rate (which will be the highest rate published in the Money Rates column of The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month). Pursuant to Hawaii law, the APR on your account is capped at 18%. Even if the variable APR calculation results in a higher value, your APR is 18%. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 06/29/2018 using a Prime Rate of 5.0%.
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for your country of citizenship.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No provision of any marital property agreement, unilateral statement under Section 766.59 of the Wisconsin statutes, or court order under Section 766.70 adversely affects the interest of the creditor, Bank of Hawaii, unless the Bank, prior to the time the credit is granted or an open-end credit plan is entered into, is furnished a copy of the Agreement, Statement or Decree, or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision. IF I AM A MARRIED WISCONSIN RESIDENT, CREDIT EXTENDED UNDER THIS ACCOUNT WILL BE INCURRED IN THE INTEREST OF MY MARRIAGE OR FAMILY.
Your Telephone Number: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize Bank of Hawaii and its affiliates, agents and independent contractors, to contact you regarding your account at such number using any means of communication, including, but not limited to calls placed to your cell, mobile or other phone using an automated dialing service, pre-recorded messages or text messages. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works:
To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer to. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights. Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we’ve mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card.
A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Paying Interest on Balance Transfers and Cash Advances:
We charge interest on balance transfers and cash advances beginning on the transaction date. We charge interest on purchases unless you pay your entire balance, which includes all purchases, cash advances and balance transfers by the payment due date each and every month. Your entire balance includes any balances your transfer pursuant to this offer. This means that we will charge your interest on purchases if you do not pay any balance transfers in full by the first payment due date. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details on how interest accrues.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see the Cardmember Agreement that will accompany your credit card upon account opening for more details.
Law That Applies: Any credit card opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Hawaii.
MYBANKOH REWARDS PROGRAM
Rewards Program Rules for MyBankoh Rewards Program
This document contains the official Rewards Program Rules (“Program Rules”) for MyBankoh Rewards Program (the “Program”) and includes important conditions and limitations. Use of your Bank of Hawaii credit card account (the “Account” or “Card”) constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. Please read these Program Rules carefully and keep this document in a safe place. Capitalized terms not defined in these Program Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
The Card is issued by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii is responsible for establishing these Program Rules that apply to the Program and reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate the Program or Program Rules at any time. The words “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Bank of Hawaii and its successor firms, subsidiaries or affiliates (collectively “Bank of Hawaii”). As used in these Rules, the words “you” or “cardholder” mean any person who has an Account and is enrolled in the Program.
Gift card/certificate redemptions are administered by Loyalty Edge, Inc. (“Loyalty Edge”) an independent company not affiliated with Bank of Hawaii.
To qualify for participation in the Program and to maintain your good standing:
- You must maintain an open Account that is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
- Your Account cannot have been inactive for 7 billing cycles in a row (representing approximately 7 months). “Inactive” means you have no balance, no payments, and no transactions.
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Account only for personal, family, or household expenses. If you do not keep your Account open, active, and in good standing, your enrollment in the Program may be cancelled and any unredeemed Points may be forfeited.
- You earn points for retail purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any Authorized User(s) of the Account.
- You earn MyBankoh Rewards Points (“Points”) in the following amounts based upon the types of purchase transactions made using your Account:
- o 1 point per $1 spent on all Net Purchases made with your Card.
- When a purchase or transaction is not a whole dollar amount, any fraction equal to or greater than $0.50 will be rounded up to the nearest whole dollar and any fraction equal to or less than $0.49 will be rounded down to the nearest whole dollar to calculate points earned. For example, if you make a purchase in the amount of $49.49, 49 points will be awarded, but if the transaction amount is $49.50, 50 points will be awarded.
- Balance Transfers, Cash Advances (including Cash Equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Card or Account number to obtain cash equivalents such as money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges, and unauthorized/fraudulent transactions do not earn points.
- Any Points awarded on purchases that are subsequently returned will be deducted from your total, and your Points balance will be adjusted accordingly.
- There is no limit to the total Points you can earn as long as the Program continues and the Account is open, active and in good standing.
- Bank of Hawaii reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any cardholder from participating in the Program and to forfeit any or all Points earned for abuse, fraud, or any violation of the Program Rules.
Cardholders will receive a one-time bonus award of 10,000 Points when a total of $1,000 in Net Purchases are posted to their Account within the first 90 days that the Account is opened, provided the purchases are not later rescinded or returned . Bonus Points will be posted at the close of the first periodic statement after the 90th day of account opening. Bonus Awards are limited to new Cardholders only.
Year End Bonus Award
You will receive at the end of each calendar year an annual bonus award (“Annual Bonus Award”) based on a percentage of the Points earned on Net Purchases (excluding any Point bonuses). Annual Bonus Awards will be posted to your Account at the end of your January billing period. Annual Bonus Award amounts are:
- 10% for Bank of Hawaii Visa® Credit Card cardholders
You have the option to redeem your Points for a bank deposit to a U.S. checking or savings account, for an Account statement credit, or for the purchase of selected gift cards.
- To redeem Points, Login to your Account at BOHCreditCard.com and go to the Rewards tab. There is no limit to the total Points you can redeem as long as the Program continues and your Account is open, active, and in good standing.
Bank Deposits into U.S. Checking or Savings Accounts
- Cash back redemptions for bank deposits into a U.S. checking or savings accounts must be for at least $25.00 (2,500 Points).
- Deposits will be transferred to the account within three to four (3-4) business days and there is a $500 daily limit (50,000 Points) for cash back rewards deposited into U.S. checking or savings accounts.
- Redemptions for statement credits must be for at least $25.00 (2,500 Points).
- The statement credit will appear on the Account within one billing cycle after the Points are redeemed.
- Statement credits reduce your Account balance but cannot be applied toward any minimum payment requirement and are otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Account.
- Points required for statement credit redemptions are rounded up to the nearest 100 points.
- If any statement credit you received was awarded based on purchases not authorized by you, or if credits or returned purchases from previous statements post in any subsequent billing cycle and such returned purchases exceed the points value on your Account, we may charge your Account for the amount of any statement credit previously applied to your Account. Points will be redeemed on a first-in, first-out basis.
Gift Cards/Certificates Redemptions:
- The selection of gift cards and merchandise items and the number of Points needed to redeem them may change at any time and are subject to availability.
- You may redeem Points for gift cards and gift certificates shipped to addresses in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Items cannot be shipped internationally.
- You may choose to have gift cards delivered to an address other than your billing address by updating the shipping information during the check-out process, but addresses cannot be changed after an order has been submitted. You can also choose to have redemptions email confirmations delivered to an email address other than the one on file with Bank of Hawaii by updating this information in the check-out process. Changing address or email address as part of the check-out process will not change the information on file with Bank of Hawaii, it will only be used for that order.
- tems ordered at the same time may arrive separately.
- Items paid for by redeeming gift cards/e-certificates will be subject to sales tax as provided by the applicable law of the jurisdiction in which the purchase is made.
- Terms of gift card and/or e-certificate redemptions are subject to the rules of the merchant that may be viewed online. Each merchant/provider has the right to place restrictions on the use of its gift cards or gift certificates. Gift cards or gift certificates are not exchangeable, refundable, transferable or redeemable for cash, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and are void where prohibited.
- Gift cards/e-certificates must be presented to the participating merchant for redemption, use, and the delivery of goods and services. Items paid for by redeeming gift cards/e-certificates will be subject to sales tax as provided by the applicable law of the jurisdiction in which the purchase is made. Sales tax, if applicable, will be a charge against the value of the gift cards or gift certificates or will require a separate supplemental payment.
- Tickets are nontransferable and do not include activities/events separately priced. Tickets will be mailed and arrive within 10 business days of your redemption. Water parks are subject to seasonal or weather closures. Age restrictions may apply for access to certain facilities. Please see the terms and conditions of your specific item online for full details.
Important Information about points
- Points will be itemized on your periodic statement, which will indicate total number or Points earned, Points redeemed and Points carried over from the previous statement period.
- Point earnings are not based on the purchase date but on the date the transaction is posted to the Account.
- As long as your Account remains open, active, and in good standing, your Points will not expire.
- All Points earned by the Primary cardholder and any Authorized User(s) will be added to the Primary cardholder’s balance.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in your Points, which have no cash value or value of any kind until they are fully redeemed.
- Points may not be transferred or assigned.
- We reserve the right to exclude from Net Purchases unauthorized Purchases (or Purchases which are later returned or disputed) and Purchases which are added to your account after you are past due or over the Account limit. We reserve the right to add other transactions to the list of ineligible transactions at our discretion at any time. Any questions/disputes regarding eligibility of transactions shall be determined by us at our discretion.
- The Program will be adjusted accordingly as the merchant network evolves. If you are not credited for earned Points or other benefits, once identified, the earned Points or other benefits will be credited.
- In the event of any abusive, gaming, or fraudulent activity related to the Program, as determined by us in our sole discretion, we reserve the right to make corresponding Points adjustments to your Account and/or to cancel your Account at any time.
- The Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any Points or items received through redemption as part of the Program, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible for any taxes that may be owed as a result of Points earned and/or redeemed. Please consult your tax advisor if you have tax questions about the Program. Bank of Hawaii does not provide tax advice.
You may not earn or redeem Points during a billing cycle in which any of the following occur:
- You fail to make the minimum payment due by the payment due date.
- Your Account becomes delinquent.
- Your Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us. (You fail to keep your Account in good standing.)
- You, or any authorized user on the Account, engage in fraudulent activity on this Account.
- You, or any authorized user on the Account, engage in any illegal activity through the use of the Account or engage in activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct under the Program, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- The Account is used for a purpose other than personal, family or household purposes.
- You are not a consumer or you do not reside in the United States (with the exception of Iowa and Puerto Rico), Territory of American Samoa, Territory of Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
You may forfeit your Points if any of the following occur:
- Your Account becomes seriously delinquent, as determined by Bank of Hawaii at its sole discretion.
- You or we close your Account for any reason.
- Your Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us. (You fail to keep your Account in good standing.)
- You, or any authorized user on the Account, engage in fraudulent activity on this account.
- You, or any authorized user on the Account, engage in any illegal activity through the use of the Program or engage in activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct under the Program, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Previously awarded points relating to ineligible transactions shall be forfeited. If Points for credit, returns or other adjustments exceed new Purchases during a billing cycle, we will report negative Net Purchases. No retroactive Points will be awarded.
- We reserve the right to exclude from Net Purchases unauthorized Purchases (or Purchases which are later returned or disputed) and Purchases which are added to your Account after you are past due or over the Account limit. We reserve the right to add other transactions to the list of ineligible transactions at our discretion at any time. Any questions/disputes regarding eligibility of transactions shall be determined by us at our discretion.
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program and accepting and using Points earned through the Program, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program) release, discharge, and hold harmless Bank of Hawaii and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors, and assignees from all claims, damages, or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program. Bank of Hawaii is not responsible for unauthorized redemptions on your Account. Bank of Hawaii has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance or redemption of Points or a cardholder’s right to possess points or make redemptions.
Important General Program Disclosures
The Program is subject to change or termination without prior notification. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. We are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document. Points cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us.
We reserve the right to correct inaccurate rewards values represented on statements or our website, at our sole discretion.
We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Program or any aspects or features of the Program at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of Program Rules shall be at our sole discretion.
All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program or eligibility for points for accrual or redemption will be resolved by us in our discretion. Questions regarding the Program, including questions about your point balance and/or point redemption, may be directed to 1-888-455-5330. Our agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Bank of Hawaii Visa Card is issued by Bank of Hawaii pursuant to a license by Visa USA Incorporated. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa USA, Incorporated.