|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state, see below)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)". If you are a resident of Iowa at the time the account is opened, we use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Fees that Vary by State:
Late Payment Fee: Up to $40 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Returned Payment: Up to $40 (Up to $15 for residents of Iowa at time of account opening).
Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law.
++Your Telephone Numbers: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize us and our affiliates and agents, to contact you at that number about your account or other products or services, and to use an automated dialing service, pre-recorded message or text message. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Your Credit Report: You agree that we have a right to obtain a credit report in connection with our review of your application, and if we establish an account for you, to administer your account. You agree that we may report to others our credit experience with you. If you ask, we will tell the names and addresses of any credit bureaus from which we obtained a report about you.
About the Variable APRs on Your Account: We use the highest Prime Rate listed in the The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. For the non-promotional purchase and balance transfer APR, we add either 12.74%, 16.74% or 21.74% to the Prime Rate based on your creditworthiness. For the cash advance APR, we add 21.99% to the Prime Rate. See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 01/29/2021 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
*Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for country of citizenship.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works: To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer from. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights.
Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we've mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card. A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card account, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Credit Limit: We do not permit applicants to request a specific credit limit. We do not consider a request for a balance transfer made with an application to be a request for a particular credit limit. We determine the credit limit on your account independent of and prior to processing any balance transfer request.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.
New York Residents: New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone (800) 342-3736, or visit the website, www.dfs.ny.gov, for free information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree under Wisconsin's marital property law will adversely affect our interests unless before your account is opened, you give us a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or we have actual knowledge of it. You understand that we may be required to give notice of this account to your spouse.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays), located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. Mastercard, World Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International, Incorporated and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if the request for express delivery is made before 3:00 p.m. ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00 p.m. ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. If you added an additional card user(s) on your application the additional card(s) cannot be expressed delivered.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 01/29/2021 and may change after this date.
Information That We Collect & Share About You:
EMIRATES SKYWARDS PREMIUM WORLD ELITE MASTERCARD® REWARD RULES
This document contains the official reward rules for the Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® Account ("Card Account") issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays", "we", "us", or "our") and includes important conditions and limitations ("Card Account Reward Rules"). Use of your Card Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement (“Cardmember Agreement”). "You", "your" or "primary cardmember" means the person who applied for the Card Account. Capitalized terms not defined in these Card Account Reward Rules have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Barclays is solely responsible for establishing these Card Account Reward Rules and for communicating with Emirates, a Dubai corporation (“Emirates”) as described below to administer the Card Account Reward Rules. Certain of the Card Account benefits are fulfilled under the Emirates Skywards Program, which is the loyalty program of Emirates and is not a product or program of Barclays.
Emirates Skywards, as defined in the Emirates Skywards Program Rules is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of your participation and earning Skywards Miles in the Emirates Skywards Program (“Program”) and the administration and maintenance of your Emirates Skywards Membership Account (“Membership Account”). Terms and conditions of the Program are separate from these Card Account Reward Rules, and are published by Emirates at emirates.com. Emirates Skywards reserves the right to change the Program, including its terms and conditions, at any time with or without prior notice.
Card Account Reward Rules Administration
The Card Account Reward Rules are administered by Barclays located in Wilmington, DE. We reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules at any time with or without notice. You can review current Card Account Reward Rules any time by logging in to your Card Account at BarclaysUS.com.
To maintain your eligibility for participation in the Program through use of the Card Account:
- You must maintain an open Card Account that is in good standing. “Good Standing” means your Card Account is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us (in “Good Standing”).
- You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Card Account only for personal, family or household expenses.
- If your Membership Account is closed, for any reason, your Card Account may be closed. Upon closure of your Membership Account, you will forfeit all Card Account benefits fulfilled under the Emirates Skywards Program and any Skyward Miles earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Emirates.
- Upon closure of your Card Account, all benefits associated with the Card Account will be forfeited.
Emirates Skywards Membership
- If your existing Membership Account number was included in the application, you are already enrolled in the Program. Skyward Miles earned through the Card Account will be credited to your Membership Account.
- If the Membership Account number that you provided is found to be invalid, or you did not provide us with the Membership Account number, you consent to and will be enrolled in the Program and a new Membership Account number will be assigned to you.
- Only one Membership Account number will be applied per Card Account.
Important Information about Skywards Miles
- As long as the Program continues and you are a member of the Program, and the Card Account is open and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total Skywards Miles you can earn using your Card Account.
- You may not earn Skywards Miles during any period in which your Card Account is past due.
- All Skywards Miles earned by the primary cardmember and any authorized user(s), through use of the Card Account, will be transferred to the primary cardmember’s Membership Account after the close of each Card Account billing statement. Emirates Skywards is responsible for adding the Skywards Miles to your Membership Account. Your Membership Account is subject to the Emirates Skywards Program rules, located at emirates.com, which includes expiration and forfeiture policies.
- Barclays is not responsible for adding the Skywards Miles to your Membership Account, for arranging or providing for any goods or services related to the use of Skywards Miles, for any delay, failure, or refusal by Emirates Skywards to add or redeem Skywards Miles, or for any decision by Emirates to revoke or cancel Skywards Miles or membership in the Program.
- If you do not receive credit for earned Skywards Miles through use of your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service number on the back of your credit card.
- You have no property rights or other legal interest in Skywards Miles. Skywards Miles earned and not yet transferred to Emirates have no cash value or value of any kind. After Skywards Miles are transferred please refer to the Emirates Program Rules at emirates.com/skywards-programme-rules for details on the value of Skywards Miles.
- You are responsible for any tax liability related to redeeming Skywards Miles.
- Participation in the Program through use of your Card Account is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The sale or barter of any Skywards Miles offered through the Program earned through use of the Card Account, other than by us, or Emirates Skywards is expressly prohibited, unless as governed by the Program.
- You can view a summary of your Skywards Miles earned since the last statement cycle on your monthly Card Account billing statement or by logging into BarclaysUS.com. Your total Skywards Miles balance earned through the Program is available online at emirates.com or via the Emirates App.
Earning Skywards Miles
You earn Skywards Miles for purchases less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any authorized user(s) of the Card Account as follows:
- You earn 3 Skywards Miles for every $1 (USD 1) of Net Purchases made with the Card Account, on tickets, goods and services purchased directly from Emirates (“Emirates Spends”). Emirates Spends are categorized as transactions made on emirates.com or at the Emirates Sales office. Inflight purchases do not qualify as Emirates Spends.
- You earn 2 Skywards Miles for every $1 (USD 1) of Net Purchases made with the Card Account on airfare, hotel and car rental purchases (“Travel Spends”). Emirates Spends do not qualify as Travel Spends and do not earn 2 Skywards Miles. Emirates Spends is defined above.
- You earn 1 Skywards Mile for every $1 (USD 1) of all other Net Purchases made with the Card Account.
- Purchases must be submitted by merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in the above specified categories to qualify for the additional Skywards Miles. Barclays and Emirates Skywards are not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Additional Skywards Miles may not be earned if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet to pay for the purchase. Additionally, purchases made through third parties, including online marketplaces and resellers, or using a third-party payment account will not earn additional Skywards Miles.
- Balance transfers, cash advances (including cash equivalent transactions such as, but not limited to, the use of your Card Account to obtain money orders, traveler’s checks, cash advance foreign currency, and lottery tickets), fees, interest charges and unauthorized/fraudulent purchases are not considered Net Purchases and do not earn Skywards Miles.
You will earn 60,000 bonus Skywards Miles after spending $3,000 (USD 3,000) on Net Purchases within the first 90 days of your Card Account open date. Your bonus Skywards Miles will be reflected on the billing statement for the period after you have qualified to earn the bonus. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the bonus Skywards Miles to be credited into your Membership Account after the qualifying purchase(s) have posted to your Card Account. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice and is limited to new cardmembers only.
From time to time, we may offer bonus Skywards Miles or other incentives to new Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® cardmembers in connection with an application for a new card account. These bonuses and /or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® after this Card Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your Skywards Miles by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Card Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
Emirates Skywards Gold Tier Membership
- The primary cardmember will receive Emirates Skywards Gold tier membership for one year from your Card Account open date. This benefit is not available to authorized users of the Card Account. Please allow 2-8 weeks after Card Account opening for this update to be reflected in the primary cardmember’s Membership Account.
- To retain Emirates Skywards Gold tier membership for subsequent years, the cardmember needs to spend $40,000 (USD 40,000) in Net Purchases (based on transaction date) for the year starting with your Card Account anniversary date. Purchases made by authorized users of the Card Account will count toward the primary cardmember’s qualifying spend.
- If the $40,000 (USD 40,000) spend threshold is not met in any subsequent year, or if you do not qualify as per the Emirates Skywards Program Rules, your tier membership will be changed to Silver tier membership as long as you maintain a valid Card Account.
- For details on the Program Rules including the Program status tier levels and benefits, please visit emirates.com.
At each Card Account anniversary, you will be eligible to earn 10,000 bonus Skywards Miles provided that $30,000 (USD 30,000) or more in eligible Net Purchases are made with your Card Account within the cardmembership year. Your Card Account must remain open for at least 45 days after the anniversary date. Bonus Skywards Miles typically post 6-8 weeks after your Card Account anniversary.
Discount on Buy Miles and Gift Miles
- The Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard offers you or your authorized user a 25% discount when you buy Skywards Miles for self or when you gift Skywards Miles to another Emirates Skywards member.
- Skywards Miles can be purchased online by visiting emirates.com. You need to log-in to your Emirates Skywards account and follow the Buy Miles process or the Gift Miles process.
- The 25% discount will automatically be added when you check-out to pay for the Miles, so long as you are logged in to your Membership Account and pay with your Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard.
- For more information and complete terms, visit emirates.com/Skywards-Program-rules.
No Miles Expiry
- Skywards Miles are normally valid for a period of three years from the date they were earned as stated in the standard Emirates Skywards Program Rules.
- As a benefit of having the Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard, Skywards Miles belonging to the primary cardmember will not expire as long as they have an open Card Account in Good Standing.
- If the Card Account is closed, Emirates Skywards will communicate an adjusted expiry date for any Miles that should have expired as per the standard Emirates Skywards Program Rules.
- The adjusted expiry date will be two months from the Card Account closure date.
Redeeming Skywards Miles
- Emirates Skywards manages the Program including redemption. You can obtain information regarding the redemption options available online at emirates.com or via the Emirates App.
Skywards Miles Forfeiture
If your Card Account is closed for any of the following reasons, your Skywards Miles earned during that billing cycle but not yet sent to Emirates Skywards will be forfeited.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engages in any fraudulent or illegal activity through the use of your Card Account.
- You, or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account engage in any activity that is deemed to be abusive or gaming conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account have negative public record information identified.
- Your history of Card Account usage.
- Your Card Account is delinquent, as determined by Barclays in its sole discretion.
- You or any authorized user(s) on the Card Account violate any of the Card Account Rewards Rules.
- Your Card Account is otherwise in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
Priority Pass™ Select Benefits
- Primary cardmembers and authorized user(s) are eligible for a complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, allowing access to participating airport lounges, which allows for unlimited visits for yourself as well as guests.
- You will automatically receive your Priority Pass Select membership card within 7–14 business days after your Card Account has been opened.
- You must present your personalized Priority Pass Select membership card for entry into the participating lounges. Your Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard may not be used to gain entry into the lounge.
- For added convenience, most lounges can now be accessed using a digital membership card that can be accessed via the Priority Pass app. To activate your digital membership card, visit PriorityPass.com/EmiratesDMC and create an online account using your Priority Pass Select membership number and expiry date shown on the front of your Priority Pass Select membership card.
- Your Priority Pass Select membership card will automatically be renewed annually if your Card Account is open and in Good Standing. Renewal terms and conditions are at the discretion of Barclays, Emirates Skywards and Priority Pass.
- Visit prioritypass.com/select for a complete list of participating lounges. Entry into lounges is subject to the rules and policies of each participating lounge.
Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Application Fee Credit
Primary cardmembers are eligible to receive a statement credit for the $100 (USD 100) Global Entry application fee or the $85 (USD 85) TSA PreCheck application fee once every 5 years.
Global Entry Membership is a 5-year membership that allows international travelers expedited entry upon arrival in the United States. Once approved, Global Entry members can use automated kiosks at most major U.S. airports. TSA PreCheck membership provides expedited security screening benefits for flights departing from U.S. Airports. It’s a U.S. government program that allows travelers deemed low-risk by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to pass through an expedited security screening.
- Primary cardmembers will receive a statement credit for the application fee, once the fee is charged to the Card Account, once every 5 years. For the benefit to apply, the Card Account must be open 7 days prior to the application fee being charged.
- Please allow 2–3 weeks for the credit to appear on your statement.
- The eligibility to receive the application fee credit will reset every 5 years.
- Neither Barclays nor Emirates Skywards has control over the application and/or approval process for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck and neither has access to any information provided to the government by the cardmember or by the government to the cardmember. Barclays and Emirates Skywards have no liability regarding the Global Entry program or TSA PreCheck program. Global Entry and TSA PreCheck program charges an application fee to process the application regardless of whether the cardmember’s application is approved.
- For additional information on the Global Entry program and TSA PreCheck program, including information regarding the application and/or approval process (including restrictions and eligibility requirements) and for a list of participating airlines and airports, as well as the full terms and conditions of the program, please go to globalentry.gov or tsa.gov The Global Entry program and TSA PreCheck program are subject to change without prior notice, and we have no control over those changes.
Responsibility of the Parties/Information Sharing
Limitation and Release of Liability
By participating in the Program through use of the Card Account and accepting and using Skywards Miles and other benefits earned through use of the Card Account, you (on your behalf and on behalf of any person to whom you give the benefits from the Program through the use of the Card Account) release, discharge and hold harmless Barclays, Emirates Skywards and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program through use of the Card Account or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program through use of the Card Account. Barclays has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of Skywards Miles, items received through redemptions, or a cardmember’s right to redeem or possess Skywards Miles.
Important General Program Disclosures
Barclays reserves the right to correct inaccurate Skywards Miles values represented on statements, our website and/or our mobile app, at our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Card Account Reward Rules or any aspects or features of the Card Account Reward Rules at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of the Card Account Reward Rules shall be in our sole discretion. Other significant terms may apply. All trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners. Barclays is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document, website, mobile app, or any marketing materials. Skywards Miles earned through use of the Card Account cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us or Emirates Skywards.
If you have any questions about your Card Account, please contact the Customer Service phone number on the back of your credit card.
©2021 Barclays Bank Delaware, Member FDIC.