Complaint Policy Statement
Barclaycard US is committed to providing quality products and services to our customers. To do this, Barclaycard seeks opportunities to make lives simpler for our customers, provide avenues for our customers to report any form of dissatisfaction that they may have, and establish complaints principles that aim to:
- Ensure that all customers are treated fairly, effectively and promptly.
- Embed our complaints principles and standardize how complaints are reviewed across the organization.
- Ensure that staff uses their judgment and the standards set by Barclays / Barclaycard to reach suitable, consistent and timely decisions.
- Ensure that complainants are kept up to date on complaint status and resolution.
- Certify all staff on our Complaints policy and principles.
Barclaycard US complainants can expect the following specific standards:
- Commitment: All Barclaycard US staff will provide an efficient and fair resolution of complaints at all levels.
- Fairness: Barclaycard US complaints-handling policy recognizes the need to be fair to the complainant. All facts will be reviewed in order to form a cohesive picture of the customerís circumstances and the case as a whole and weighted according to relevance. Barclaycard US will ensure that each complaint is reviewed on its individual merit and that a full and fair outcome is delivered to the customer.
Barclaycard US staff will fully explain the resolution and any actions that will be undertaken with the customer, check they understand, are satisfied and that they are aware the complaint is considered resolved / closed.
- Resources: All Barclaycard US staff are educated on the Complaint policy and receive yearly training that is applicable to their business area.
- Visibility: Barclaycard US provides avenues for complainants to lodge complaints, including phone, internet, fax, and when appropriate will provide accommodations for complainants who have special needs.
- Access: Barclaycard US complaints-handling avenues are readily available to the general public and are flexible, free and easy to use.
- Assistance: Staff will assist customers and non-customers in accessing the complaints-handling process and will assist with the formulation of the complaint. Staff will also provide assistance to those individuals who may have special needs.
- Responsiveness: Barclaycard US deals with complaints promptly and courteously.
What if I am unhappy?
Barclaycard strives to make it easy for your voice to be heard. If you are unhappy and would like to submit a complaint, you can do so either by, U.S. mail, or by phone. Our contact details are listed below.
By U.S. Mail:
PO Box 8801
Wilmington, DE 19899-8801
What you need to provide:
- Your name and address
- A day time telephone number where we can contact you
- A clear description of your concern or problem
We aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible; however, at times, additional research may be warranted and it may take longer to resolve your complaint. In cases such as this, we will:
- Write to you within five working days
- Provide you with a case number
- Keep you updated with our progress
- Provide you with final resolution
Finally, we value your feedback. Please help us to get it right every time, for every customer.